Skip to main content

A Day in the Life

A Day in the Life

I saw another mom do this on another blog and thought it was really cool. I love looking back at my old posts and reading about what we were up to. These are going to be such special gems to look back on as my little one grows up!

Monday April 14, 2014

My eyes pop open between 6:30 and 7:00 am almost everyday. I will usually toss and turn or just decide to wake up for the day. I start my day by going to the bathroom and then immediately jumping back into bed to scroll through Facebook, IG and Pinterest... Priorities!!

By 8 or 8:30 I can hear the little one squirming so I use that as my cue to finally get up.

I greet my little with a cheesy smile and about 20-30 good morning kisses. I change her diaper and take her with me back to bed. We lay down while I nurse her for about 10 minutes.

When she's done she slides off of the bed And starts to wander around while I start breakfast and coffee.

It's about 9:45 by the time were done eating and Gracelyn is usually covered in whatever we ate for breakfast so I usually strip her down to a diaper and let her run around while I start the bath water.

By 10 were done with the bath and I put a clean diaper on her. I think baths soothe and calm her down which is perfect since nap time is coming up. I put her in fresh clothes for the day and sit in the recliner in her room while I rock and nurse her for nap time. She's not really eating but pacifying instead.

By 10:15-10:30 she is snoozing in my arms so I unlatch her and quietly lay her down in her crib. She always fusses but Within seconds she is out.



At this time I'm free! I have "me time" for at least an hour and a half. Sometimes I'll watch a documentary on netflix, i'll blog or read blogs, clean up breakfast stuff or pin. Came across this today- perfect way to describe my feelings sometimes. I immediately send it to Lindsey and we both laugh.


 
Since it's Monday, I'm getting ready for my mommy bible study at noon so after I lay G down I get in the shower and actually take my time!

From start to finish my whole shower and getting ready takes about 20-25 minutes.

Before Grace wakes up, I make sure the diaper bag is packed and sippy cup and snack cup are all Set to go.

11:45 rolls around and mom and baby are ready to go.

At 12:15, we arrive at Bible Study and greet all our friends with hugs!
Collecting sippy cups.
 

Loving on new babies!

During group, we talked about the 5 languages of apologies. Very good discussion, actually. If you're not familiar with this book it's from the same author as the 5 love languages and I loved that one so I'm excited to go deeper with apologies. In the last couple years of my life I've learned the hardest lesson of my life: accepting an apology I never got and probably will never get. I believe "hurt people, hurt people." So I'm trying to wear thickER skin and better understand the other side from now on.

At 2pm the moms head out and go to lunch. Normally we always tag along but a certain someone was ready for another nap so we skipped lunch today and head home.

By 2:30 we're on our side of town again and I have a few small errands to run.

First we swing into the first gas station I see and fill up. I then bop over to the chase to make a quick deposit.

My tummy is grumbling so I go next door to chipotle and order 2 burritos to go.

By 2:50 I'm home and so is David. I start putting my things down and then we eat on the couch and put it on channel 12 for The Ellen Show! Gracie is bouncing between us for bites while I share my thoughts on today's discussion with David. Talk about multi-tasking!



Around 3:15ish I put a clean diaper on the little and nurse her during a commercial break. I can tell she is soo tired because when I lay her down she goes down without a fight.

She's knocked out by 3:30

David had washed the dishes and tidied up while I was putting Grace down so we lounge on the couch some more and get ready for Judge Judy.

I had seen this amazing recipe on Pinterest for Cream Cheese Potato Soup a couple weeks back and decide to give it a whirl since I already had the stuff.




Around 4:45 Gracie wakes up and I change her diaper and bring her to the living room to play while I finish up the soup.

At 5pm I let Gracelyn be the one to taste test the soup and it was a hit! I was very surprised how well it turned out. Not quite Wildflower status but it was delicious. Definitely adding this to my monthly rotation.

At 5:45 we head out to The Jambora's house so David can help with jump starting their car in preparation for Andy coming home! He's been deployed for the last several months so we're all excited for his arrival tomorrow morning.




The Jambora boys are WILD! I just love watching each personality as they are all incredibly different. Amy and I hung out inside with the girls while all the boys ran around outside, helped David and played with the neighbors.

Emmalyn and Gracelyn totally act like sisters. They hug and kiss one minute and poke each other or steal one another's sippy cup the next. True girlfriends!

We got back home about 8 and decided Gracelyn was way too tired for the usual bath time/bedtime routine so I nursed her and she was out like a light at about 8:30. To this day I cannot figure out what I did to deserve the best sleeping baby. 2 daytime naps and all through the night!? Blessed.

At 8:30 I head to the living room and David and I both have a bowl of the soup from earlier and browse the web. I start putting together this post and by 10ish I'll be snuggled up in my bed ready to doze off.

Today just so happened to be a pretty great day. I can't complain. Honestly, nothing went wrong at all- PTL. When I decided to track this day in the morning, I said I'd be honest about everything even the bad things, if any, and I am glad there weren't any! I think it's important to remember the little things in life like hanging out with neighbors, going on walks or randomly trying a new recipe from Pinterest. It's the little gems in life that bring the biggest smiles like a healthy family, a full tummy or a hot shower before bed. I have learned to be content right where I am and KNOW that God IS the promise fulfilled and He loves me just as I am but refuses to leave me this way. I am so pleased with the way we parent our daughter because I know we are doing our best. We laughed the other day and said our parenting "style" was the "praying parent"! We can't live a day without consulting The Lord about our decisions. Raising a child is HARD. It's an entire life I am responsible for! There are millions of ideas and lots of advice on how, when and why to do certain things. Yeah...we definitely can't do this alone!
I am constantly blown away by the way God shows up in me and throughout my life. For that, I am so grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

Dear Gracelyn,

Sweet baby, you're two! My, how time has just flown by. Here we are on your second birthday and I am more in love with you now then ever before. You are so independent, so strong willed, brave and energetic. You get all of that from daddy. We are so proud of the little girl you have become and we can't wait to watch you grow up to be so much more. I am so blessed by you, Gracelyn. You have made me a better person all around.  I can't even remember what I used to do for fun. How many hours did I waste watching TV? Everything is much more fun with you around. I am reliving my childhood through your eyes and I have to say- it's one of the greatest experiences ever. One of my absolute favorite things about you is how you try not to smile and your lips press together as you try to hold back. Oh my goodness, EXACTLY like your dad. People say you either look just like him or a mix of both of us. Either way, you are the most beautiful little soul I have ever known. You&

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth