Skip to main content

Dear Gracelyn,

Sweet baby, you're two!

My, how time has just flown by. Here we are on your second birthday and I am more in love with you now then ever before. You are so independent, so strong willed, brave and energetic. You get all of that from daddy. We are so proud of the little girl you have become and we can't wait to watch you grow up to be so much more.

I am so blessed by you, Gracelyn. You have made me a better person all around.  I can't even remember what I used to do for fun. How many hours did I waste watching TV? Everything is much more fun with you around. I am reliving my childhood through your eyes and I have to say- it's one of the greatest experiences ever.

One of my absolute favorite things about you is how you try not to smile and your lips press together as you try to hold back. Oh my goodness, EXACTLY like your dad. People say you either look just like him or a mix of both of us. Either way, you are the most beautiful little soul I have ever known.

You're happy. You have always been such a happy girl. Just the other day, you asked daddy to roll the window down in the car (you love that!) and as the wind blew against your face you clapped your hands and raised them above your head like you were on a roller coaster and said, "I'm so excited!" You made us laugh so hard! We love you so much. The little things you do make us grin from ear to ear. As we continued to drive we passed by the horses on the corner house on northern and you said, "Horsey! Moooooo!" And we kept laughing at how silly you are. I know you know cows say "moo" but I think you were just trying to make us laugh again. Once again- JUST like your dad. Always wanting to make people laugh.

I look at you sometimes and wonder how on earth I became so lucky. God must really love me to give me such an incredible gift like you. You have taught me patience and a love so wild I have had no other choice but to fall on my knees daily and pray that God would continue to give me what I need to be the best mommy to you. There are many times when I feel a little guilty because you ate too much chocolate that day or I gave you one too many drinks of soda or I let you watch too many YouTube videos. But the other day I was giving you a bath and you started splashing and kicking your feet and water was everywhere! I said "Hey! You're getting me all wet!" and you started cracking up and splashing more and laughing that amazing belly laugh. Daddy came in to see what all the fuss was about and then you started splashing him too! We all just sat there drenched and laughing. It was then that I realized how much joy you have. I wish I had that much joy sometimes. And I didn't care about all those things that made me feel guilty anymore because I saw how happy you were. To know that I can make you laugh by letting you completely soak me, made me feel like the best mommy ever! I just love that I get to be a part of your life. I try so hard to make sure you know, daily, just how loved you are and how much I truly cherish you. Someday, you might not think I'm as funny or cool anymore but I will never stop trying to be the best mom for you. Your best fan. Your biggest cheerleader.

One of my greatest treasures is hearing you and daddy tickle each other when he puts you down for bed every night. He is the only one who can make you giggle like crazy one minute and then drift fast asleep the next. Hearing your bed time prayers absolutely melts my heart. You are getting so big! But you will always be our little girl. To say that you are our favorite would only be the tip of the iceberg to how we really feel about you.


Anyway, I want to wish you the absolute best 2nd birthday Princess! You are so special to me, my love.

-Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth