Skip to main content

9 months!


36 Weeks
Here is my 9 month bare belly! Decided to scare you guys in honor of being 36 weeks!! Yay!! Jk, I actually feel super good and slowly getting very anxious for her to come. I am even excited for labor! I know I was created for this very thing and feel extremely confident that God will be in the center of it all.


Total Weight Gain:  So I went to the doctor on Tuesday and I gained 2 more pounds putting me at 18 pounds gained! I’m 148 lbs!!! 

Maternity Clothes?  Nothing new!

Stretch Marks? Well, a sad day has fallen upon us…haha! I discovered a few stretch marks under my belly button the other day. It was a bit of a shock because they literally snuck up on me! I showed David and at first he said they were creases from my jeans but I don’t think so. Then he smiled, hugged me, kissed my forehead and said, “…and each one is a different reason of why I love you.” Can you think of a better response??? I can’t.

Fruit/Veggie Size? Crenshaw Melon! Sounds like a yummy summer fruit :P

Sleep?  It is hit or miss. If I can get myself into a comfortable position, I’ll be out for the night. Some nights I can’t get comfortable so I’ll toss all night. I’m extremely thankful that I am off 4 days a week to sleep in!

Best Moment This Week:  David and I went over to my parent’s house on Sunday to hang out and my mom made us burgers, mashed potatoes, rice and guacamole! She even went the extra mile with a polka dot cake! All for no reason. I love spending time with my family and seeing my niece and nephew. Saydee always hugs my belly or rubs it and then reminds me that, Yes, I am still pregnant. I love her. Elijah doesn’t understand that a baby is coming but he’s getting more playful and much more talkative every time I see him. I’m so excited that the baby has some pretty cool cousins to grow up with :)

Miss Anything?   Soda…I should be pinched for that but it’s true! Nowadays all I drink is water because I want to make sure I get enough! I do love soda though. I actually might drink some to induce my labor- I heard that works but who knows!? I really think that babies come when they are ready. I’ll try whatever though.

Movement?  So much! I laugh when I see David’s reaction to her kicking or moving. The movements show so much from the outside- I love it! All I can say is thank you God.

Food Cravings: Popsicles and chocolate chip cookies with milk. I also had a huge craving for meatloaf the other night so David and I went to Cracker Barrel and it was delicious!

Food Aversions:  Seafood.

Symptoms: Possibly heartburn, I am not sure. When I’m eating it feels like my food didn’t go down when I know it did so I feel a stiffness in my chest. It doesn’t hurt it’s just a little uncomfortable. I’ve never had heartburn so I don’t know what it feels like.
Belly Button:  It MIGHT pop out, I’m still not sure but it’s getting so close. Still “in” though!

Happy or Moody?  HAPPY. I want her here so badly! I am starting to wash all of her clothes and blankets. I also have both hospital bags packed! (Mine and baby’s)

 
Nursery Progress:  It’s all done but could use a couple pictures or something on one wall. For the most part, it is her room! All nice and ready for her! We still need a few more items but we are basically 95% ready if she came today haha.
Looking Forward to:  My maternity photo shoot this weekend! My awesome cousin is going to be taking my pictures up in Verrado this Saturday and I couldn’t be more anxious! Can’t wait!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth