Skip to main content

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks


Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that!

Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember from last time. My hair is doing weird things, too. It's shiny (because my hair is naturally soooooo oily) but it's also breaking a lot and I have little broken stray pieces everywhere and I hate it. I can't even wear a pony tail without stupid random pieces around my face that just look dumb. For NOT being a hair person, this bugs me a lot! Also, I sneezed and peed a little the other day so that was glorious...


Gender: Boy oh boy, my little boy! SO wild. I can't believe I am having a boy! So much of this is so new to me. David sent me a pic yesterday of a boy outfit with farm equipment on it and I had no clue what it was. I was like, "Awwww...tractor? No, bulldozer? Whatever!! It's cute!!" *facepalm*

Icky: Okay so this isn't really "icky" but it's super weird to me. I have always loved salt and vinegar chips right? Well a few weeks ago, David's parents had a BBQ and I thought I was eating salt and vinegar chips but when I tasted them, they were plain. I didn't think much of it, I just figured someone accidently mixed them up. Fast forward to this week, we went to Firehouse Subs with a friend and I picked out salt and vinegar chips. When I took a bite you wouldn't believe it- NO flavor! I couldn't taste any of the vinegar so I had my friend try one and she said they were definitely vinegar flavored. How could it be that I lost the taste for vinegar chips? Pregnancy is so strange!

Holy Yum: I'm not really a fan of sweet stuff but if you give me one of those chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches, I'm all for it! Other than that I'm loving something new every week. I don't really understand the cravings that stick for the whole pregnancy because I'm constantly craving something new all the time. Right now I love fresh fruit with cottage cheese, Dr. Pepper or Vanilla Coke, any veggie with hummus, broccoli/cheddar soup from Panera, popcorn, always tacos/nachos with hot sauce and of course pickles!

Weight Gain: 7 Pounds

Highs: I think finding out the gender was the most exciting. I have always connected with my babies at the very start but I find that I can truly "bond" once I know the gender. Now I can refer to him as HE and think of names for him and buy him stuff! One of the biggest ways I bond with my babies is getting them little clothes that I can picture them in. And nothing in this world compares to that rush you feel when you see your baby on ultrasound except actually meeting them in person. I saw his teeny toes on the ultrasound machine and I absolutely cannot wait to smother them with kisses. One thing I know for sure about me is that I love kissing my babies. I still smother Grace and he will be no different! And of course finishing nursing school a couple weeks ago was awesome. Now to find a job!

Lows: I really can't think of any lows, really?

Excited for: FALL of course. I was just so busy finishing school this summer that I really didn't get to enjoy it. When school was over I was able to go swimming more often with Gracie so that is nice. I am ready for pumpkin spice everything (although, pumpkin spice isn't acceptable until AT LEAST September but closer to October IMO) and all the holidays to come. Fall festivals, family photos, yummy food and all the magical stuff that comes with the holidays. Then when the holidays are over, we will be welcoming our sweet babe at the start of the new year. So many fun things to look forward to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

Dear Gracelyn,

Sweet baby, you're two! My, how time has just flown by. Here we are on your second birthday and I am more in love with you now then ever before. You are so independent, so strong willed, brave and energetic. You get all of that from daddy. We are so proud of the little girl you have become and we can't wait to watch you grow up to be so much more. I am so blessed by you, Gracelyn. You have made me a better person all around.  I can't even remember what I used to do for fun. How many hours did I waste watching TV? Everything is much more fun with you around. I am reliving my childhood through your eyes and I have to say- it's one of the greatest experiences ever. One of my absolute favorite things about you is how you try not to smile and your lips press together as you try to hold back. Oh my goodness, EXACTLY like your dad. People say you either look just like him or a mix of both of us. Either way, you are the most beautiful little soul I have ever known. You&

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth