Skip to main content

5 on Friday

This is my first time ever joining a "Link up Party" and I am so excited to share 5 thinks I've been loving lately!
I'm linking up with Carolina Charm and a few others so make sure to check out the other blogs listed above!

1.

This summer, Dunkin' Donuts is doing Iced Tea and Iced Coffee for $1 if you buy the souvenir cup for the price of a medium drink (yes you get the drink in it as well!). David says their tea is better than McDonald's and I'll admit they are pretty close! I will say, DD's iced coffee definitely won my heart for sure! Loving this summer deal!

2. Beautiful Breastfeeding

Laura from tiny toes, little nose inspired this picture. I guess instagram had temporarily banned breastfeeding photos but now they are allowing them. If you're a proud breastfeeding mama post a pic on instagram with the hashtag beautifulbfing and you'll be able to see tons of awesome breastfeeding shots and even tandem nursing! (breastfeeding a toddler and a newborn at the same time) Crazy!

3. Everyone loves pedicures right!?
 Last Tuesday I had a girls night with my mom in-law and the ladies from our small group from church. It was super fun! We went to a place called Wild Nails and then Macayo's for dinner. I enjoyed myself quite a bit being able to chat with these lovely ladies and have some girl time. I got a really pretty "barbie pink" color perfect for summer. Needless to say, God is good!

4. I didn't just pin it, I did it!
The other night I was searching through my pintrest boards and decided to give this recipe for Herb Citrus Chicken a whirl!
MUCH to my surprise, it worked! It was actually really good and David gave it his stamp of approval as well! The only thing I would change is covering it up with foil when you put it in the oven. The recipe said to bake it uncovered but I found when i did that, the chicken didn't get as golden brown as it looks in the pic. Try the recipe here.

5. The Wuerfels are going camping!

Gracelyn is going on her second camping trip next weekend and this time we are joining my parents! SO excited as my siblings will be coming. We haven't had a camping trip with the family in years and I know we will have a blast since this time we have a few extra family members to add! If you will be taking a camping trip with a baby check out my post on Camping with an Infant!

I LOVE this picture of Gracelyn pushing our faces away while we kissed as if to say "Gross mom and dad!". Hilarious.



If you'd like to join 5 on Friday you can link up here! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth