Skip to main content

4 Months


Height: 26.5 inches 

Weight:  16 lb 5 oz 

Clothes:  3-6 month jammies, 6 month Onsies and usually 3-6 months on shorts or pants.

Eating:  Still loving Mama's milk!  I am no hurry to start her on solids. After talking to the doctor, I'm going to keep breastfeeding and then introduce small things like banana, orange, etc. when she is able to grab things for her self (5-6 months?). I have zero interest in pureeing peas and force feeding her. When she can look at something and grab it herself (providing it is healthy) then she can have it. "Food before one is just for fun" so the most important source of nutrients for her is breast milk.

Sleeping:  I could not be more proud of my little girl. She has consistently slept through the night since 8 weeks old! I'm talking 8-12 hours without waking up. Now she is sleeping a solid 12 hours every night. Her typical bed time is between 8 and 8:30 and she is always nursed to sleep which is very special for her and I to have alone time in the nursery. We got sooo lucky. She must know how much mommy and daddy like their sleep! 

Diapering:  Loving pampers and any type of wipes!

Trips:  2 weekends ago, Gracie went on her first camping trip! She had lots of fun and so did we. I am so excited for her to go on more. David and I keep talking about wanting to save money and taking a short trip to the beach and put her toes in the sand and water!



Playtime: Gracelyn is such a happy baby I can barely stand it. She loves getting tickled and kissed. She loves being on her back playing with toys above her and she also loves kicking her little legs. Tummy time has worked in her favor because her neck control is amazing. I'm super proud of her! She is beginning to grab things which is very exciting.

Likes:  Touching people's faces (this is so adorable...) Blowing spit bubbles, being tickled, she loves when I say , "Where's Gracelyn? There she is!" She will laugh and it is the cutest thing I've ever seen. She loves being called pretty, beautiful, gorgeous or anything like that, and she likes when I sing to her or just talk about my day with her. Seeing that gummy smile makes my heart melt. I adore her!

Milestones:  She had her 1st cold which was no fun at all! I used lots of baby vicks and the dreaded blue bulb!

Best Moment:  The best moments are every second I spend with her. Seeing her smile at me first thing in the morning makes everything I do for her worth it. I love getting super close to her face and watching her slowly bring her hands to my face and feel my cheeks. She will "talk" to me and make bubbles and just observe the big world around her. My heart is so full because I'm her mom. Sometimes I feel it could just break at any second. I couldn't love her more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth