Skip to main content

1 month




Eating:  Gracelyn is an excellent eater now! I am finally able to feed her without wanting to cry- raw nipples are NO joke! One night I was literally crying along with Gracelyn because I had a clogged duct but I knew I had to nurse her through the pain. What blessed me so much was watching her eat not knowing the discomfort I was going through. The momentary discomfort could never compare to the life long benefits of breast milk. Needless to say, I love breast feeding now! She will also take a bottle of pumped breast milk but we are still searching for a bottle that wont leak! I have tried everything from the cheapest bottle to a $20 bottle. We will find one that works sooner or later. Yes, I make sure to buy slow flow but they still leak :)

Sleeping: Luckily, we have a pretty great sleeper! Gracelyn has been giving us a good 5-6 hour stretch (roughly 10pm-4am) almost every night! Mom & Dad are so proud. :-) The best part is that the long stretch of sleep has been in her bassinet but sometimes she ends up snuggling with me in bed.

Diapering: We received several different brands at the baby shower but so far Pampers is the best!

Health: At our 1 month check up my little cupcake was 9 pounds 4 ounces! She has put on 2 pounds since she was born and continues to grow!

Likes: Being on mine or David’s chest resting- it’s very precious. She also likes being in my Snugli (front carrier) when we are walking around the mall or grocery shopping. The Snugli is one of the best gifts I’ve received!

Outings: We have been everywhere together! The other day we went to the mall with my friend Brittany and her little girl Emilie. It was nice and relaxing. Our girls are 2 weeks apart so Brittany understood when I had to stop to change Gracelyn a few times and even had to feed! Other than that, my girly and I go out all the time! Sometimes we go visit auntie Lindsey, or we go to our favorite store- Target to pass time! :) David and I have no problems taking her to restaurants because she is such a good girl and if I need to feed, I just use my nursing cover!

Visitors: Gracelyn has met lots of new friends! Lots of my extended family and various friends of ours. Because David is well known at church, we always have tons of people who want to see her or hold her. I love it! I have met so many awesome people at church through David and I love it because I’m starting to make friends. It melts my heart seeing him push our stroller all around church and introducing Gracelyn to everyone!

 

Best Moment: The best moment (If I have to choose one) is when she gives us that adorable gummy smile. Nothing compares to kissing the smiles out of my little girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth