Skip to main content

Baby Loading Progress: 70%

28 WEEKS




Total Weight Gain: Grand total of 8 pounds!

Maternity Clothes? 2 of my tias got me a maternity shirt which I thought was very sweet! My stock is getting a little bigger but I still wear other non maternity shirts too.

Stretch Marks? Thankfully, this remains a firm NO.

Fruit/Veggie Size: Chinese Cabbage this week!

Sleep? I have been pretty frustrated this week because almost every day I have woken up on my back! This has never happened not even when I wasn't pregnant! I don't understand why I turn over but I do! I have read that lying on your back is not good, especially this far into pregnancy. When I wake up on my back my back feels extremely sore and I can barely move! It is so painful- a pain I haven't felt before. If I make it through the night on my belly, I wake up feeling good and they same goes for sleeping on my side. The only time I have trouble with sleep is when I end up on my back. I'm not sure what to do about this other than just try not to roll over...

Best Moment this Week: David and I finally registered! It was such a fun thing to do, even he liked it. I originally thought that David would be bored out of his mind but he was actually so excited to use the little gun scanner thing. I should have known! We made accounts at Target and Babies R Us. Most of our stuff is at BRU. I love that store. Until I was pregnant, I never cared or thought  about baby things but man- that store has everything you need! At first I didn't know what to register for because so many things are just plain UNNECESSARY! There are so many "accessories" and only a few real necessities. Nonetheless, we still said "what the heck" and scanned a bunch of fun stuff we'd like to have that we would otherwise not be able to buy with our budget. I also found an awesome diaper bag backpack! My friend Aubrey has it and she loves it and I do too,so that was one of the first things I looked for to scan. Aubrey made a really good point when she said with small shoulders, a regular diaper bag would slip off  and if you are carrying the car seat or baby with a bag slipping off your shoulder, it just wouldn't be comfortable. 

Miss Anything? I really don't miss anything! My selfish answer is: I miss my old belly button! I actually used to like my belly button with my belly button ring but now it's flipping inside out and my piercing looks stretched out and WEIRD. Oh well, there could be worse things happening.

Food Cravings: If it's not seafood, I want it. Seriously! I love food. Everyday this week, for lunch, I had this delicious salad with romaine lettuce and a bunch of veggies, kidney beans and boiled eggs! The more colorful, the better and It was amazing in every way! Cold, crunchy and fresh! Yummy. I could eat giant salads every single day. One thing I noticed is that I especially love carrots. Raw, cooked, steamed, baked- doesn't matter. They are my favorite vegetable! On the flip side, I definitely still love double cheeseburgers and fries too! Yum! I also discovered this amazing drink that is a great substitute for soda- it's called Sparkling Ice. It's lemon-lime flavored sparkling water but it also comes it different flavors. It's zero calories and zero sugar and it is so so good!

Food Aversions:  With the holidays coming up, we are constantly having little parties at work and people are always bringing in small sides to share, cakes, dips, etc. One of my co-workers brought in a crab dip with an unusual cheese and ketchup dressing- I about vomited! The smell and look of it repulsed me!

Symptoms: More cramps during the night. Getting out of the car is harder now which is extremely sad but probably funny to watch. Getting up from the couch is also harder with a bigger belly- again, sad. Getting up, in general, from any seated position is harder now! I'll leave it at that. No feet/hands swelling, acid reflux, or heartburn yet! I heard that those are some of the joys that the third trimester brings and honestly- I said Bring It ON! :) Oh yeah...we're in the THIRD trimester now. How exciting! 

Belly Button: Like I said, it's weird in so many ways. Whatever! :)

Happy or Moody? Getting happier and more anxious every day!

Nursery Progress: You have no clue how bad I want to get inside her room and start decorating. I have already collected so many things to put in there. I will show you as soon as I get started!

Looking Forward to: Glendale Glitters this weekend! I have been waiting for this since summer ended! I am so excited so go with my love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth