Skip to main content

Rutababy!


25 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: Another pound putting me at 2 pounds more than my pre-pregnancy weight! We're getting somewhere!

Maternity Clothes?  For my birthday, my mom bought me a pair of red skinny jeans from Old Navy! I also ended up buying another pair of regular jeans as well. (Thanks Ali!) :D


Stretch Marks?  Not at all. I heard that some girls don't get stretch until the last couple of weeks! Those darn stretchies will probably sneak up on me. I do have some stretch marks on my inner thighs and sides of my hips but those were there already long before I got pregnant. None on the belly or breasts though! Still using the tummy rub too!

Sleep?  It's starting to get a little uncomfortable at bedtime. I want to lay on my belly so bad but I just can't! As the tummy gets heavier, it will probably get even more uncomfortable to sleep. 

Best Moment This Week:  I had fun celebrating my birthday this last week. I got a some new winter clothes so I am excited and ready for the cold to come! I love AZ winters although it gets pretty icy! I have been having a blast at our pre-marital small group. Cory and Sarah are such a fun down-to-earth couple and I love that we get to meet with them on a regular basis. Sarah was my 5th grade teacher and it's amazing that she gets to walk alongside me in my journey into motherhood. I adore her! Thank you Jesus for godly women like Sarah. I'm blessed by her friendship.

Miss Anything?  I miss sleeping on my stomach. It is so hard to get comfy any other way with a growing belly.

Movement?  This rutabaga is always on the move.  I'm also starting to be able to distinguish arms, legs, and head.

Food Cravings:  I have been loving a giant salad from Paradise Bakery. I could eat that all day everyday! The people who work there recognize me now since I'm always going there! David and I went there the other day and the cashier gave us our entire meal for the price of just one sandwich- plus extra chocolate chip cookies! Our bill was about $25 and we only paid $6. I was so thankful and happy :) Sandwiches and salad have been my favorite thing to eat since the start.

Food Aversions:  Everything sounds and looks good to me! 

Symptoms:  Sneezing has become quite painful since my abs contract every time I sneeze. I still haven't peed after sneezing which I know will probably happen at some point. I hope not, though. When I know I'm about to sneeze, I squeeze so hard "down there" so I don't pee myself. Haha! Possibly too much information? Oh well, At least i'm still dry post-sneeze!

Staying Active?  Now that the weather is awesome, I have been running around the block (nothing too fast or drastic) and taking classes at the gym- Usually pilates, yoga, or strength training. I stay away from cardio classes because I feel like the intensity is too high. I've discovered that the elliptical is actually really fun when the resistance is high and I can really feel the burn! It's also fun when I bring my phone so I can jam out to some tunes while I exercise.  

Belly Button:  Still "in" and I'm no longer convinced that it will come out. My belly button ring hole is looking very weird now, since it's stretching horizontally. I'm just not a huge fan of my belly button right now...

Happy or Moody? Happy!  But, pregnancy does allow me to feel a wide variety of other emotions in a given week!

Nursery Progress:  I got some cute new decorations! I found a mirror at hobby lobby for half price and had to get it! 

Looking Forward to:  Everything! Since David and I got an apartment (moving on December 14th!) we are going to slowly move things in and get it ready for the baby! We really love that song that says, "I'm gonna make this place your home." Totally our mentality for our snuggle bug. 

I also look forward to being David's wife. Besides God, he is my hero and role model. He leads me to God every day and I know he will do the same for our daughter. I would love to have a big planned wedding but that is just not in the cards for us at this time. We aren't throwing out the idea of a bigger wedding but we will probably have a small outdoor "wedding" with just immediate family before the baby is born. Being married and living together is the best choice for us. We love each other and our baby and We feel like it is the absolute best thing for our baby that she be raised with both of us there and present 24/7. But more than that, God has been in the center of our relationship since the start and we know He has His hand on us. Sure, we slipped up and had pre-marital sex but that doesn't mean that God doesn't have our back still. He still wants the best for us and still loves us regardless. Forgiveness is a beautiful thing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth