Skip to main content

We are Halfway there!


20 WEEKS

Total Weight Gain:  None! I weighed myself at the gym and I am now back to my pre-pregnancy weight which means I have gained the 5 pounds back that I lost in the first trimester. Technically, still no weight gain though. The baby is growing and looking amazing- THAT is what I care about.

Maternity Clothes?  Still not planning to buy any new maternity clothes because I love the hand me downs I’ve received. I want to invest in a belly band and maternity bras, although I LOVE the padded sports bras I have, I need some regular bras too. I also need to get a really nice warm winter coat as my belly will be bigger in the colder winter days. SO excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas! 

Have You Started to Show?  Yes, and the baby is the size of a banana now! Amen! Honestly though, the belly is not as big as I thought it would be at 5 months pregnant! I hope I don’t balloon at the end!  

Stretch Marks? No, no, no! I bought the Palmer's cocoa butter lotion and compared it to the tummy butter. I like the lotion better because it isn't as thick and oily as the butter BUT it smells weird! It honestly smells like pure chocolate and chocolate mixed with my natural scent is not very attractive :/ I usually just put it on before bed and it's fine. 

Sleep?  Not bad at all! I actually slept through the night most of the time! LOVING my preggle, it’s extremely comfy and worth it. I would even recommend it to anyone not pregnant! :)

Best Moment This Week:  Of course our gender reveal party and finding out it’s a girl! I am even more excited now that I know the gender and I praise God for her everyday. We had a fun night with friends and I am so thankful and blessed by the many people who are happily on board with us. It means so much! We know God has put certain people on our path for a reason and I could not be happier. We took lots of great pictures and ate yummy food. My favorite quote of the night came from a mutual friend of ours, Austin. He looked at my tummy and said, “I’ve never touched a pregnant woman before…” Haha! I then let him feel the belly and he said it was hard and weird. I also loved having a mock photo booth! I recommend this for any celebration or party! I saw it at a friend’s wedding and just loved the idea! It was so fun and I think I will have it at the baby shower too! Haha :) Here's some pics from the night. 




I loved this idea I saw on pintrest of coloring in the "He" and "She" in the Hershey's 

Miss Anything?  I miss swimming! I know the gym has an indoor pool but I think it will be too cold for me. I will still try it though. Besides that, I don’t miss much. I am eating, drinking, and doing whatever I feel is safe.

Movement?  Yes! The other day Lindsey, Sophia and I were looking at my belly in the mirror when all of a sudden you could see a visible kick through my skin! I thought I was imagining things but they said they saw it too! It was super exciting!

Food Cravings:  I’m back on my veggie and turkey sandwich kick. Throughout my whole pregnancy I have loved fruit and veggies but recently, the veggies are a huge craving for me again. The other day I went out shopping with a friend and we stopped at Paradise Bakery for lunch. I ordered the roasted turkey and avocado BLT, a classic salad with veggies, ranch and greek salad dressing with salt and vinegar chips on the side. It was the best meal of my life and I even went back that same day and got the same thing for dinner THEN went back 2 times again that week. Haha! I’ve also really loved having a route 44 Ocean Water from Sonic, sooo yummy! I drink every last drop on my own too!

Food Aversions:  I’m pretty much eating anything right now, even sweets. I don’t eat a lot of sweets but I loved my chocolate chip cookie when I went to Paradise Bakery but only ate half.

Symptoms:  I kind of stopped talking about this in my last few posts but I am STILL having morning sickness- 3 times last week!  My breasts stopped itching thank goodness and I’m feeling pretty great besides the MS.
Staying Active?  Finally started going to the gym and loved it! I think some of the classes are a bit too hard for me because they require lots of jumping and core work. I feel lame when I'm the only one not jumping but I don't feel right when I jostle my belly too much. I still had a blast taking it easy because I finally felt like I challenged myself. 

Belly Button:  Keeping its "in" status but sure is shallow.

Happy or Moody?  At the gender reveal party my dad said I’ve been moody and David agreed! Haha! Oops…I still think I am more happy than I am moody but I won’t lie- I do have my moments! These last few days have been pure happiness knowing I have a princess inside!


Nursery Progress:  At our party, one of our friends from church said they had a playpen they would be willing to donate which is awesome! We are definitely not too proud for hand me downs! My sister-in-law also got our little girl her first outfits! Sophia loves cheetah print everything lol so the outfits had some of that print on it. It’s super cute. My friend Taylor also got the baby an adorable blue onesie with owls on it and I found some cute onesies on sale at Old Navy so I purchased a few! My awesome friend Bethany also gave us a cute pink onesie with a matching hat. I am so thankful for all the thoughtfulness. It's nice when others are happy with you. We love our girl so much! 
When I get paid on Friday, David and I will probably go shopping again for some stuff for her room. I’m excited! We don’t have a specific theme for her room, just more of a color scheme I’m going with. Light pastel colors. I’m really loving soft yellows and mint green with a little bit of grey mixed in. My favorite color is a deep teal color but I think that might be too boyish for her. Idk? Maybe





Looking Forward to:  I really want to start shopping more!! There are so many ideas on Pintrest that I am going to use as inspiration for the nursery. I’m very into the DIY crafts! Here are a couple pictures I found on Pintrest that I am using as inspiration. I love everything about them! I really want to find a yellow and white rug like these! I also LOVE the canvas idea above the closet door.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth