Skip to main content

This growing girl is the size of a papaya! Come read what else is new. :)


Saydee and Elijah wanted to help hold the sign! I can't wait until they get to meet their new cousin!!!
23 Weeks

Total Weight Gain:  I weighed myself last night and I still only gained 1 pound total. I read an article the other day and it told me that based on my pre-pregnancy weight and height, I was actually a little bit over weight! I found that to be weird since I was only 130 (I’m now 131)! So you only gain weight as you need to and apparently I already had extra weight on me! 

Maternity Clothes?  Yes! I finally got a bunch of new stuff which I never wanted to do but I really needed them! I spent a couple hours in Savers and Target and got a cute new mini wardrobe. I'm happy with my purchases and even more happy that I have a variety to choose from now! Was not able to find maternity jeans though! All the ones I tried were TOO long!

Stretch Marks?  No stretch marks & no dark line on my belly....yet!

Sleep?  I was waking up sore a few days until I finally realized a sleeping position I love. I still don’t know what I would do without my preggle. It is so worth it!

Best Moment This Week:  Going to yard sales with my mom and David! He and I actually found an awesome apartment that fits us perfectly and we started looking for the big furniture we need. We found a couch, TV, some fun glasses to drink out of and best of all- a diaper genie for $2! Definitely going to go to more yard sales! I also really loved pre-marriage small group. It’s not really counseling since it’s just us and an AWESOME couple going through the book “Saving your Marriage Before it Starts”. We get to talk and answer questions which is super fun. It’s cool to hear what David thinks about certain topics and it was also cool how much we agreed on stuff! I am so thankful for him. He has been such an amazing back bone and so supportive of me! It's not always easy since I'm Acts of Service and he's Physical Touch, but we have managed to learn how to especially love the other person and it is amazing! He's my best friend! I feel like I won the lottery with him. The baby and I are so blessed to have him. Thank you LORD. 

Miss Anything?  Just my energy! I get tired so quickly these days!

Movement?  All the time! I even feel her during the day when I’m at work and I love it! I can see the kicking through my skin too! I just need to catch it on video! I love her so much. Praise God for my little sweetie. 

Food Cravings:  I had a crazy craving for chocolate milk and PB&J’s this week! My sister in law made a really good mixed berry jam and it is so tasty! I’ve also been eating my favorite salad from Paradise Bakery a lot lately! It’s so yummy, I usually get the big bowl!

Food Aversions:  I’m eating whatever I feel like, so no!

Symptoms:  Still battling morning sickness when I first wake up. Other than that, I just get tired pretty quick when I’m at work for a long time. When I start charting on patients, I usually always sit down and even elevate my feet if I can. I still haven’t experienced heartburn, hip pain, acid reflux or swollen feet. I’m sure those will be the next things I go through!  
Staying Active?  Didn’t go this week, but I definitely will tomorrow!

Belly Button:  It hasn't been changing much lately.  Still "in".

Happy or Moody?   This week I have been so happy just thinking of her! Talking about her will bring me to tears. This journey has been my biggest challenge of my life! She will be worth every pain I have yet to feel and every tear that is still to fall. She's my prize, my beautiful and perfect love. My little girl is hand crafted by the most lovely and pure version of beauty that ever lived- Jesus. She's going to be breath-taking. I don't deserve her!

Nursery Progress:  My friend gave me some more baby clothes which is awesome! Our girl is extremely blessed- as am I! I think I need to start focusing more on room colors and her bedding.
Looking Forward to:  Birth classes and registering. I was so over-whelmed when I found out there was more than one nipple for bottles! I thought babies just drank out of one type of nipple! Apparently not- the nipple wall at Babies R Us scared us a little bit. How do we know which one to get!?!? In any case, I’m still excited to start registering for stuff we want and need! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth