Skip to main content

My daughter rocks!


22 Weeks

*I get all of these board ideas from girls I found on pintrest. Their handwriting is much cooler but I usually just TRY to copy what they write for the week (if I am experiencing the same things). Sometimes I tweek it to fit my own story but for the most part I just look at what other girls did. I should try to link their blogs because they are totally my inspiration for doing the board each week!

Total Weight Gain:  Still just 1 pound, nothing more. My doctor said everyone is different. Some people gain 30 pounds, some gain 15 pounds and the next person could only gain 20…it just depends on the person. I’m really not worried. Just eating healthy but also eating what I want and exercising!

Maternity Clothes?  While getting ready the other day I had to change my top a few different times because my shirts don’t fit- the tummy pops right out of the bottom! (Even the one in this picture is getting too small) That was such a rude awakening because I could not find a top which frustrated me! Lindsey and I share clothes anyways so there are lots of shirts to choose from, so I eventually found one, but the choices for me are getting smaller and smaller. It just means my baby is growing which makes me happy but now I’m running out of clothes and I fear I may have to spend some money on tops…I have a few tops from a friend but not many. If you have any maternity tops to let me borrow or know someone who does, that would be awesome!!!

Have You Started to Show?  Yes! My department at work now knows and everyone is being so sweet to me. One of my co-workers (who is 2 weeks behind me) pulled me aside and just asked me and then from there everyone heard. Apparently everyone wanted to ask me but didn’t want to be rude! Now people say they can totally tell and a few people have already rubbed my tummy! Since then random people will just ask when my due date is or ask if it’s a boy or girl. It’s very sweet. Including myself, there are 3 expecting moms in my department so there is lots of baby talk on our floor. The 2 others don’t want to know what they are having, but I think one is having a girl and the other is a boy! We will see :)

Stretch Marks?  Luckily no!

Sleep?  It was okay this week, some days were better than others but at least I’m sleeping through the night!

Best Moment This Week:  David feeling the kicking for the first time! That was so awesome! I also loved when she got the hiccups while we were at our last appointment. The doctor and nurse kept laughing because she was moving so much they could barely get the pictures they needed. Thank you Jesus.

Miss Anything?  Nope!  I even drank coffee the other day and it didn’t come up. Loved that!

Movement?  YES and I am so thankful for that. She is such a busy girl! I can now feel her moving constantly! I love it! My daughter rocks. (I have said that so many times this week but it's true! Every time I feel her move or talk about her I just smile and think "Wow, my daughter rocks!)

Food Cravings:  I'm still loving my chipotle burritos! I already had one today too! :)

Food Aversions:  As I said before, I drank coffee and it was fine so nothing to add here!

Symptoms:  Besides the stupid morning sickness I’m great! I feel good, I just hate the nausea in the morning. My doc wants me to take Zofran but I do not like taking medication so I’m just going to fight through it and try some natural remedies she told me about.
Staying Active?  Yup! I did heated yoga then water aerobics!  I know all this exercise will really pay off when it comes time for labor.  I am planning on having as unmedicated of a birth as possible.  Yes, that means no pain meds!  Now that this is officially written down, I can't go back! (I am fully aware that anything can change at anytime! I am open to anything as long as my baby and I are safe. Having said that, I think it's 100% OK to have a dream birth in mind, which for me is natural and unmedicated)

Belly Button:  It's "in" but very wide and shallow.

Happy or Moody?  Little bit of both. :/

Nursery Progress:  My mom told us that we can start getting the furniture and whatnot in the next month or so. That is super exciting! Can’t wait to actually put her room together! I have tons of crafts from pintrest that I cannot wait to make. I also made a list of things I think I will need/want and I’m always asking other people for input. I would love any help from other moms on things they couldn't live without and things that didn't end up needing/using...
Looking Forward to:  I am also looking forward to premarital counseling this week with The Beals! Can’t believe I will get to be DAVID’S WIFE someday soon. He is always telling me here and there that I will make a great wife someday and it means SO much. I love him and it feels so good to confidently say that he loves the baby so much but loves me even more. 

Birthing classes too! We are going with The Bradley Method, FUN stuff :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth