Skip to main content

My Sweet Potato! 18 weeks!




18 WEEKS

Total Weight Gain:  No, Still -2lbs. I weighed myself after I ate breakfast and I was the same as last week.

Maternity Clothes?  I am loving the maternity leggings I have although they are still slightly big on me since they were a hand me down from a friend. I don’t plan on buying any brand new maternity clothes unless I need to later on down the road. I have noticed my shorts and pants wont button anymore which is sad! I’ve been wearing them but using that awesome hair tie trick to keep them fastened.  

Have You Started to Show?  Yeah!

Stretch Marks? No!  And hopefully I will never be answering "yes."  I've been using some regular lotion and oil, but that is running out!  David got me Palmer’s Body Butter so I’m gonna use that and hope it works!

Sleep?  It’s okay. Sometimes I sleep through the night, other nights I wake up once. Sleeping on my tummy is getting uncomfortable so I started sleeping on my side. I asked David if he would buy me a pregnancy pillow and he said yes! I’m glad because they are a bit pricey. I’ve been sleeping with 5 pillows in bed and I position them exactly how I want them and it has been so comfy! They tend to move around while I sleep so that’s why I was happy when we went to Babies R Us and got a “Preggle” it’s so comfy and I love it so much! So worth it!

Best Moment This Week:  Well, David and I decided on names! We have one picked out for a girl and one for a boy. I asked him if we were SURE on these names and he said yes! So that is good! These were the names we talked about at the very beginning so I’m surprised they stuck! We are not saying what the name is until the baby is born so there is still a little surprise left! We will refer to the baby as Baby G or Baby D and that’s all we’re saying! ;) The baby is also the size of a sweet potato! I love that!

Miss Anything?  Not really- Lindsey said she misses me eating sweets because now I don’t eat them with her. I still can’t get into them! I miss laying on my tummy but I have discovered a really comfy sleeping position so I’m good!

Movement?  Yes! In the morning I wake up and feel the cutest little taps inside me almost like he or she is saying “Wake up!” haha, I love it and I cannot wait for the kicks to get harder!

Food Cravings:  Lately I have craved pizza! Specifically Peter Piper Pizza with salad and wings! Yummy! I am also craving Tapatio hot sauce with everything! It’s so good! I eat it almost every day!

Food Aversions:  Nothing, I’m actually warming up to sweets as well! There was one day earlier this week where I ate a cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and it immediately came back up! It was horrible! Not sure what happened there.

Symptoms:  Aside from the fact that I STILL have morning sickness, I have been getting leg cramps in my sleep! That is not fun and they hurt! Also, I pee every 20 minutes, not exaggerating. Very inconvenient.
Staying Active?  I’m following the workout routine I found on YouTube but I want something more challenging. I’ve attempted to get in the pool but the water is so cold for me! I’ll have to use the indoor one at the gym. I have also started a stretch routine before bed because I want to gain my flexibility again! I used to be flexible so I want to get that back.

Belly Button:  Currently "in," but I'm guessing it'll pop out soon. It’s slowly turning inside out! It’s now a hollow hole that I can look inside haha it’s really weird.

Happy or Moody?  So happy with the occasional meltdown. Crazy hormones!

Nursery Progress:  So hard when I still don’t know the gender! But I have been looking at soooo many ideas online for baby décor! I will probably start making stuff next week as I will have a week off from work! David and I also found the crib and travel system we want so that will be fun when we actually purchase it!

Looking Forward to:  The ultrasound on Tuesday! I won’t be looking at the genitals but I am so so excited to see they baby jumping around! I’m also looking forward to knowing the sex so I can refer to the baby as he or she! After the ultrasound we are planning the gender reveal party and will be able to buy gender appropriate stuff! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth