Skip to main content

pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere.

Hello Blogging World:) I would just like to invite you all inside my world for the next few minutes. If you like what you read, maybe you'll stop by again in the future.


When I wrote this, I was drinking Vanilla Coke, and Listening to the sweet sound of Owl City in my hear buds...

Thanks to Jesus I have been alive for 19 years and going and I finally am 100% in charge and responsible for me! I am very thrilled about this, and generally thrilled by anything else involving things that are striped, flower-y, or antique. I eventually want to learn how to sew and learn to make quilts, and other small craft projects. Speaking of crafts, I love them! The idea of taking pieces of junk and making them into something beautiful, reminds me of how My Savior has changed my life recently.  I am actually very happy to say that I am from Goodyear, AZ! I am technically Phoenician but raised in Goodyear :D I enjoy Goodyear, I enjoy Estrella Mountain Lake, and taking walks with Lindsey McCammond or anyone else who cares to join. I love my town so much, I sometimes feel like I should just roll the windows down in my ugly, broken, beat up, trashy car and scream "I LOVE THIS TOWN" loudly out the windows. I used to want to move far away from Arizona all together, but then I realized that this dry, brown, cactus-filled land was and always will be my home. 

One thing I love about my life is my birthday month. November; Orange, yellow, brown, pumpkin pie, thanksgiving, fall, scarves, leggings, coffee, hoodies, and Christmas around the corner.  It’s my favorite time of the year! I’m definitely a thinker! I over-think, over-plan, and over-analyze. It’s something that I consider annoying, but I am who I am. But I am NOT “…the clothes I’m wearing, I’m not a photograph, I’m not the car I drive.” JJ Heller is one of the most inspirational people I’ve ever met. She is not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well. She has inspired me in many ways and I hope to see her again someday. In the meantime, I will listen to her voice on “JJH Shuffle” everyday :) As Taylor Swift once said (and I couldn’t agree more) “Love is a tricky business. But if it wasn't, I wouldn't be so enthralled with it. Lately I've come to a wonderful realization that makes me even more fascinated by it: I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to love. No one does! There's no pattern to it, except that it happens to all of us, of course. I can't plan for it. I can't predict how it'll end up. Because love is unpredictable and it's frustrating and it's tragic and it's beautiful. And even though there's no way to feel like I'm an expert at it, it's worth writing songs about -- more than anything else I've ever experienced in my life. “

Over the years I have realized that the only constant thing in my life is change. I have learned to take these changes as blessings and strive to become a stronger woman each day. Although I have changed before I still love Owls and being outside and painted toes the color pink or red. I remember when I was little my mom would paint her finger nails a deep red color because that was the color my dad liked. For years this was the only color on her nails. Since then, my toe nails remain red or pink with polish. I want my dad to comment on my toes, because I know he will like the color. He’s my favorite guy in the world! My family is the greatest group of people I’ve ever known and I’m so proud to be a big sister and little sister all at the same time. I like reading and wearing dresses all the time, I like long flowy skirts that go all the way to the floor. Typically, these types of skirts don’t fit right with people who are 5’1, but I do not care. Here are some new things I've fallen in love with -- mismatched everything. Mismatched chairs, mismatched colors, and mismatched patterns.

Although I have moved on, I still like to think about when I was in high school. It brings me back to the days of trying to get a close parking spot at school, trying to figure out how to avoid doing or saying anything uncool, having cheer practice every  day and wishing I didn’t have to do homework when I got home. High School was so care-free and EASY compared to the newly found College Life. I absolutely love being a GCU Lope. There is no school out there that is more beautiful. I love everything about it. From the decorated hallways in our dorms to still never being about to find a good parking! The memories I have right now are memories I will take with me always; they are stories I’ll be able to share with my kids someday.  I think it’s sad knowing that a lot of young women nowadays are trying too hard to find beauty in all the wrong places. I used to be like that. Up until January 2009, I never knew what true beauty looked like, until I saw it in the form of a cross. I honestly believe there is something beautiful about every girl on this planet, and I just think every once in a while you need a cheeseburger and a bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

“I think it's important that you know that I will never change. But I'll never stay the same either.”  Anyhow, I'm pretty flattered that you read this whole thing. I applaud you for that. This was outrageously extensive, and you most likely have other stuff you could've done in the last four minutes. So to you or anyone else who has spent four minutes on me in some way…Thank you. I love you like I love Strawberry Crush and the word “Cuties”. And that's for-rizzle.

Talk to you later!
Love,
Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Breastfeeding Diares

I am so excited to be sharing my story with all of Julie's readers on The Girl in the Red Shoes ! Please head over to her blog and check out all the other stories as well. I hope you are just as inspired as I was. Make sure you have a cozy blanket and some tissues- these women share some amazing stories! Read my story HERE .

20 Weeks!

20 Weeks Little Bean: So my baby is not a bean at all, in fact, he is the size of a banana right now and I love these little comparisons because it allows Gracie to really connect with baby and visualize the growth. When we had our anatomy scan on Monday, the guy told us that the baby is measuring 1 week ahead of schedule and he is a whole pound now. Right now, the baby is able to swallow and is producing baby poop (meconium) so there's that! Symptoms: I am getting my energy back but I am still getting sick each and every morning. It was the same with Gracelyn so I'm not surprised. I can't even remember when the nausea subsided last time. The good thing is that it's only in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day as long as I keep snacking and don't let my stomach stay empty for long. I swear I am feeling Braxton Hicks already which is so crazy to me! Every once in a while my belly gets as hard as a rock which I also don't remember fr

26 WEEKS

26 Weeks Total Weight Gain:   Total of 5 pounds! I got weighed when I had my check up on Tuesday and I gained 3 pounds since last week! I wonder if it made a difference that I had my shoes and jacket on ;) Maternity Clothes?   Thanks to my cousin Jami, I now have more maternity clothes! Couldn't be more happy! Now I have a few more things to wear! I now have a total of 6 pairs of maternity jeans/pants! Stretch Marks?   Not yet! Sleep?   My preggle is a life saver! The preggle even allows me to sleep on my tummy! It is so relaxing and so comfy since I'm not putting any pressure on my belly. Best Moment This Week:   Normally David and I meet every Sunday for church but this past week, we actually got to go together which was a nice change. :) After church we ate lunch and walked around the mall. It was fun being able to just hang out together. We didn't even look at any baby stuff while at the mall, we just enjoyed each others company!  Miss Anyth